The construction of Palazzo Giusti started in 1570 in the Sanmicheli style by merging in its foundations pre-existing buildings that were once used for dyeing wool, the main activity of the Giusti family.
On a U-shaped layout, the building has two wings with a large portico at the centre, surmounted by a monumental hall that overlooks a yard designed to host theatrical shows and music concerts.
At the end of the fifteenth century, Palazzo Giusti became the headquarters of the Philharmonic Academy, still operating in Verona, where the famous play Aminta by Torquato Tasso was staged in 1581.
The internal halls of the palace were decorated and frescoed over the centuries: today we can admire the remarkable ceilings by Dorigny and Lorenzi, a student of Tiepolo, as well as frescoes by Farinati dating back ? to …………………
The noble floor is presently used as a museum with furniture of the Giusti family of the 1880 – 1920 period and a collection of Roman and Renaissance stones which is presently being rearranged and restored, coming from the Venetian Molin family, dispersed with the arrival of Napoleon.